Enamel Pin "Vincat van Gogh" with a Golden Finish
- Stylish pin made of enamel with a golden finish
- Vincent van Gogh as Vincat van Gogh
- Size: 2.5 cm
- Style: Post-Impressionism
- Artful accessory for a shirt, coat, bag, ...
- Purrfect gift for cat and art lovers
The impoverished Vincent van Gogh wanted to fulfill a dream in Arles: a Studio of the South where artists would live and work together. But no one wanted to help him. Only Paul Gauguin agreed after long hesitation. Van Gogh's brother Theo paid Gauguin's travel expenses and a monthly allowance. Vincent felt deeply in Theo's debt. At the same time, he wanted to impress Gauguin. Therefore, in a short time, like a madman, he painted numerous pictures, including the famous sunflower paintings. Before Gauguin's arrival, van Gogh is said to have been very exhausted. None of it helped: he and Gauguin had numerous conflicts - one of which ended with van Gogh losing an ear. Exactly how this happened has not been clarified with certainty to this day.
This little anecdote shows very well the tragedy of van Gogh's life. He remained poor and unknown throughout his life. Niaski's interpretation of the one-eared "Vincat van Gogh" reflects this tragedy very aptly and pays tribute to a gifted artist who would have deserved more recognition in his lifetime.
Whether with a shirt, coat or bag - the pin is a real eye-catcher and the purrfect gift for cat and art lovers. At the same time you learn something about a painter who became world famous only posthumously. The pin is 2.5 cm in size and made of enamel with a gold finish on the back. The stud is made of rubber.
Good to Know
- Free shipping within Germany from 30 EUR!
- We dispatch our orders within 1-2 working days. Delivery within the EU usually takes 5-8 working days.*
- Do you have any questions? Click here for the FAQ or go to shipping conditions.
* In rare cases, the delivery for shipments to the EU can take up to four weeks.
- Lovingly designed calendar 2022 with various cat illustrations
- 13 sheets, fixed with a black document clip
- Printed on high quality and very strong paper, so you can lean the pages against the wall for example
- Paper quality: 300g/m², cream-colored, FSC-certified, wood-free, acid-free and aging-resistant
- Format: A5 (14,8 x 21 cm)
- Pleasant feel due to high volume
- Super practical: When the month is over, you can simply cut off the cat picture and send it as a postcard or frame it.
Still looking for a Christmas gift? Surprise your cat-crazy friends with a special handmade cat calendar! The great thing: The calendar does not just end up in the trash can later. The designs can simply be cut off and used as a beautiful wall decoration or as a postcard for even more joy.
Katja Rub created the original illustrations with scraped cardboard. This involves scratching away the top layer of a coated cardboard. She then scanned them in and reworked them on the computer.