Enamel Pin "Vincat van Gogh" with a Golden Finish
- Stylish pin made of enamel with a golden finish
- Vincent van Gogh as Vincat van Gogh
- Size: 2.5 cm
- Style: Post-Impressionism
- Artful accessory for a shirt, coat, bag, ...
- Purrfect gift for cat and art lovers
The impoverished Vincent van Gogh wanted to fulfill a dream in Arles: a Studio of the South where artists would live and work together. But no one wanted to help him. Only Paul Gauguin agreed after long hesitation. Van Gogh's brother Theo paid Gauguin's travel expenses and a monthly allowance. Vincent felt deeply in Theo's debt. At the same time, he wanted to impress Gauguin. Therefore, in a short time, like a madman, he painted numerous pictures, including the famous sunflower paintings. Before Gauguin's arrival, van Gogh is said to have been very exhausted. None of it helped: he and Gauguin had numerous conflicts - one of which ended with van Gogh losing an ear. Exactly how this happened has not been clarified with certainty to this day.
This little anecdote shows very well the tragedy of van Gogh's life. He remained poor and unknown throughout his life. Niaski's interpretation of the one-eared "Vincat van Gogh" reflects this tragedy very aptly and pays tribute to a gifted artist who would have deserved more recognition in his lifetime.
Whether with a shirt, coat or bag - the pin is a real eye-catcher and the purrfect gift for cat and art lovers. At the same time you learn something about a painter who became world famous only posthumously. The pin is 2.5 cm in size and made of enamel with a gold finish on the back. The stud is made of rubber.
Good to Know
- Free shipping within Germany from 30 EUR!
- We dispatch our orders within 1-2 working days. Delivery within the EU usually takes 5-8 working days.*
- Do you have any questions? Click here for the FAQ or go to shipping conditions.
* In rare cases, the delivery for shipments to the EU can take up to four weeks.
Do you know a cat-crazy person who would love our store? Then let him choose and make him happy with a voucher – for a birthday, Christmas or just as a little surprise. You can't do anything wrong with it!
We will send your voucher within 24 hours to the e-mail address you provided.
Little tip: Order a postcard add the voucher code under your concatulations!